Thursday, January 6, 2011

So here we go.

As I am not a particularly well-organized person, this is going to be a bit slap-dashed.  And I'm not sure of the speed this will go.  I'm quite motivated right now, but don't know if I'm going to maintain that level for long.

So, as far as the things I decided to turf before I started "before" pictures:

A few of the books I pulled off the shelf in my office.  There will likely be many more books to go.  Thing about books is - you can get them from the library - or get the information on line.  I have a few I'll hold onto forever, and some I want to keep long enough to re-read or refer to, but I've kept far too many for FAR too long.
How did we collect and keep so many undecorated crappy mugs??  We NEVER use them.  Why did I keep them?


Taking dishes out of the sideboard.  We actually do use these plates on occasion, but if I bring my great-grandmother's china up from the basement, I can use THAT when we have company and get rid of this old stuff - keeping the big serving plate and the noodle bowls, though.


Old dishes ready to go - along with some other stuff we don't use anymore. 

For instance, I've had this great hanging basket thing in my kitchen since my sister gave it to me 20 years ago.  I really like it.  It would be great to hold onions or something like that.  But mine just hangs from the ceiling and holds dust and a couple of old trivets I never use.  So why ....?

Next challenge: deciding where to take these things.  Any suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. Ah, it makes my heart sad to see Deetz's In Small Things Forgotten at the top of your book pile. Sigh, out of all my archaeology books, that's the last one I'd get rid of. But I understand the exercise and something's gotta go! Hope it finds a good home. Anyplace there you can sell them? Any up and coming students that might benefit from donated books?

    ReplyDelete